If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, November 13, 2015

.









Man catching tiny fish--Singapore








Just after dawn. An art installer, he was catching these little fish with a net, not to sell but to feed his fish at home. What he was doing was illegal, he said, "That's Singapore. You can't do this, you can't do that, you can't do this, you can't do that."

When I told him I was from the US, he said Singapore was trying to become California. He had obviously never been to California.

"No California city looks this good," I said. "In San Francisco or Los Angeles, you would see homeless people all over."

"There are homeless people here! I saw a guy just over there!"

He's three quarters Malay, and a quarter Chinese.


.

No comments: