If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023









Kids at snack stand outside Phnom Krom Suwon Primary School on 1-31-23--Phnom Krom 2 copy




I bought two cans of Cambodia Beer from this stand for 6,000 riels [$1.46] altogether. The young man gave me some watermelon to eat with the beer.

Phnom Krom is 6 miles from downtown Siem Reap. Although a pleasant village, it has no hotel, or I would stay here for a few days, at least. I might just rent a room from somebody.

Cambodia was supposed to be my last stop before returning to Vietnam, but it may not be possible for me to get a 5-year visa exemption, as planned, so I might linger in Cambodia for a while.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the condition for someone to apply a 5-year-visa in VN?

tt

Linh Dinh said...

Hi tt,

I need paper proof I was born there, but I no longer have my birth certificate with me.

There's a power struggle in Vietnam. Half a dozen Commie bigwigs have just been pushed out (by other Commie bigwigs), so immigration requirements have been tightened. This has nothing to do with cleaning up corruption. It's an elimination of a faction's source of income.


Linh

tt said...

Hope you find an acceptable long term solution.


tt

NJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJNJ said...

Yo for real? Hit me up on email if you need help/advice. We will be down in Koh Lanta for a while then heading to Penang.