If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

.









Clay--Redwood-City-4








Clay, 29, from San Mateo, the next town over. He had just smoked some meth, and was apologetic for not being "sociable," though he was friendly and chatty enough. He said he dreamt of owning a Vega, so he could make it "dance." He then ran full speed in a circle and to the top of a mound of dirt, "I'm a monster truck!" He introduced me to a fellow homeless man, Henry, who occupied a crude tent with girlfriend Keisha. We helped Henry carry some cardboard and wood from a nearby dumpster, so he could improve his dwelling. Henry also found some thrownaway flowers, which he brought back to give to Keisha.

Clay kicked and boxed, and struck a cholo pose, then asked suddenly, "Any advice?"



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you offer any advice? Your blog breaks my heart and hurts my head.

Linh Dinh said...

No, not really. I mean, I did mumble something, but it was very trite and incoherent. I wouldn't know what to say to him now. What would you say to him?