If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Just to clarify

any confusion anyone may have about CounterPunch's decision to stop running my Postcards, here's an email from Friday:


Josh's-email



And here's one from just two hours ago:

Josh's-email-2



After I found out my Postcards were no longer welcome at CP, I posted a short notice about it here so people would know where to find future Postcards. Since my political writing from the last six months has been almost exclusively these Postcards, I didn't want anyone to think I've stopped writing politically just because I was no longer on CounterPunch. I haven't disappeared myself, in short.

I've always found it amusing that writers are asked to "submit" to editors, but a magazine or webzine reveals each editor's vision, so if Josh Frank decided that my Postcards were no longer relevant to what he's trying to accomplish at CounterPunch, then that's that. Since there was nothing to discuss, I didn't respond to Frank's email from Friday. At least one reader, Justin Root, did write to CP to complain, however, and so I thank Justin (and others) for valuing what I do. OK, enough of this. I should be out on the streets looking and listening, not sitting here talking about this!



.

2 comments:

Nick said...

It's their loss. You've been one of my favorite contributors to CounterPunch and it always makes my day a little better to see an essay or a poem from you when I check the news.. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what their rationale was for not wanting your postcard pieces in the first place.