If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ando Arike said...

.




Hi Linh,

I mentioned your name today in a comment on Commondreams, and within 30 minutes not only was I "banned" from commenting any further on the site, but all my previous comments were deleted (along with any replies -- which you'd think would be a bit embarrassing for the site administrator.) Apparently, you are taboo on CD -- persona non grata -- or in Orwellian terms, an "unperson".

This is the first time I've experienced the whimsical wrath of Big Brother, and it's certainly a strange feeling to be subjected to such Thought Police tactics -- to be sent down the "memory hole," as it were... What do these Thought Police wannabes think they're doing? How do they rationalize their actions? Do they think nobody notices when all of a sudden somebody is "disappeared" -- or to stay within Orwell's lexicon, "vaporized"?

Anyway, it's clear now to me that the "progressive movement" is, in large part, an astroturf operation run by the Democratic Party and that many "progressive" websites are Info Ops for the Democrat-leaning foundations & rich donors... John Stauber laid out as much in a Counterpunch article last spring. But why has Counterpunch abandoned you? I've always caught suspicious whiffs in Commondreams' liberal odor -- but I thought Counterpunch was dependable. Oh, well...

Glad to learn the truth, and that we've communicated. As I mentioned, I've admired your work for several years now. You've managed to create a language that burns like a laser through all the threadbare political verbiage of our time... Thanks --

Ando Arike




....................................................
My note: I should clarify that CP never abandoned me per se, but after saying they wanted no more of my Postcards, they responded to readers' complaints by ridiculing my writing, thinking and even character, so there was no point in giving them any of my writing for free after that.--Linh




.

No comments: