If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, October 20, 2018

.









Banh mi seller who joked about me finding her an overseas husband--Saigon











Banh mi seller who joked about me finding her an overseas husband--Saigon (detail)









Seeing me photographing, she said, "Take my picture and find me an overseas husband, brother!"

"Ah, but I don't know any deserving candidates, sister. The people I know are all good for nothings and assholes!"

An old lady whose relationship to this woman was unclear then added, "She's suffered her whole life."

Earlier, the old lady said to me, "I remember you from before, from several years ago. I didn't recognize you at first because you're a lot older now."

"That was just last year, sister!" I laughed. "Just since last October, I've aged several years!"



.

No comments: