If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, February 9, 2020

.









Heart broken poetry on wall of guest house on Minh Khai--Lao Cai









Poems found on wall of my $4.30 a night hotel room.

Inside first heart, with my translation in bold:

Căn phòng nhỏ một đêm dài hiu quạnh
Lòng chợt buồn lại nhớ thương ai
Hai chữ tiền tài nghe ân ái
Bóp chết đời tôi phận gái nghèo

yêu một người vô tâm, giống như dao đâm vào ngực
dúi [?] thì đau mà để lâu thì dỉ máu
yêu thương ấy phải chăng là giả vờ
hạnh phúc hờ thì giữ được bao lâu

trăng khuyết rồi trăng tàn
tuyết tụ rồi tuyết tan
hoa nở rồi hoa tàn
người đến rồi người đi

A small room during a long, desolate night
Suddenly my heart saddens and longs for him
The word wealth sounds so romantic
Squashes my life with its poor girl's fate

it hurts to rub, yet oozes blood when left alone
such love was perhaps a travesty
how long can you keep such a sham happiness

the moon wanes then fades
snow gathers then melts
flower blooms then fades
he comes then he leaves

Inside second heart:
Rồi mai này anh sẽ quên em
Vì em chẳng là gì trong anh
Cái tên em sẽ chìm vào trăm ngàn tên
tên em là hạt bụi phải không anh
Rồi mai này khi ta chia xa
tim em sẽ chìm vào trăm ngàn tim
như một vật dư thừa anh đánh mất

Tomorrow you will forget me
because I'm nothing inside you
my name will be drowned by a hundred thousand names
my name is a speck of dust isn't that right
Tomorrow when we are distant
my heart will be drowned by a hundred thousand hearts
like something redundant you have lost



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world is at an inflection point, LD, and no doubt you are playing your magnificent part right at the fulcrum.

Never forget your divinity, brother!