If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

.









Love Fun Joy--Changwon









As I was photographing this, a nearby business had an outside speaker that played Karen Carpenter singing, "Rainy Days and Mondays," and it just felt so incredibly sad. Bright lights, big city, tamped down despair everywhere and the soulful voice of a vibrant woman who wrecked her own heart.

In 2014, I was walking around before dawn in Wolf Point, Montana. Nearing a supermarket, I could hear Cat Stevens' faint, plaintive voice, "And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land…" On an Indian reservation, Wolf Point is populated by people who have lost just about everything.

What are we losing right now? And what might we gain out of this?



.

No comments: