If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

.









Sinbarwon on 5-25-20--Busan









I used to get on the subway just to go eat dumplings, so when I discovered Sinbarwon, I felt like a total asshole. You see, it's only a 3 minute walk from my guesthouse, and it serves some of the best dumplings I've ever had, period, and it's cheap too. For $4.87, you get eight meaty and juicy pork dumplings with broth inside the skin. Founded in 1951, it's a Busan institution.

Though these dumplings are sold as Chinese, they're very Korean influenced.

From the photo, you can see there's no social distancing, and that's how it is at all Busan restaurants, and no one's wearing a mask, obviously, since they're eating.

Busan subways are usually packed now, so there's no social distancing there either. It's very rare, though, to see an unmasked face on a subway.

If you don't wear a mask, no one will say anything. Once, though, I saw an old woman kicked off a long distance bus for not having a mask.



.

1 comment:

eahilf said...

...so when I discovered Sinbarwon, I felt like a total asshole.

You have a different understanding of asshole than I do -- if you 1) knew someone who liked dumplings; 2) knew this person 'got on the subway just to go eat dumplings'; but 3) didn't tell this person about this much closer place that served excellent dumplings at a good price, then you might be an asshole.