If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, September 28, 2015

.









Karen, Bruce and Lowry at Dirty Frank's--Center City








Karen, Bruce and Lowry near midnight at Dirty Frank's. Karen Rodewald and Lowry Graham I've known for about 25 years. Karen has taught photography at University of the Arts, UPenn and/or Drexel since 1996, but she has no tenure since she hasn't shown enough. To make ends meet, Karen also cleans a bar once a week, does catering and sells cards at various shops. For the Pope's visit, Karen hit the streets to sell 3-D Pope Francis cards but she didn't do too well, "It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I'm just not a hustler."

As for Lowry, I wrote about him in this 2009 New York Times article. Though no Catholic, Lowry decided yesterday to go to the Basilica Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul to watch Pope Francis on the Jumbotron.



.

No comments: