If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, September 14, 2018

Thanks to Erica Wright

for giving my neglected Blood and Soap a mention at Rumpus:




This is one of my favorite short story collections, and I probably would have found an excuse to include it regardless of the list’s theme. Nonetheless, several of these inventive tales involve elaborate scams, people pretending to be what they’re not. For example, in “!” the local English teacher Ho Muoi turns out to not know English at all, but has instead invented his own language. Equal parts surreal and worldly, disarming and disorienting, Blood and Soap is a book you need on your bookshelf.





.

No comments: