If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

.









Let me have no shame under the heaven--Gimcheon









Let me have no shame
under the heaven
till i die.
even winds among the foliage
pained my heart.
with a heart that sings of the stars,
i'll love all dying things.
and must fare the path
that's been allotted to m
tonight also
the winds sweep over the stars



.

2 comments:

Ian Keenan said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_Dong-ju

Linh Dinh said...

Yo Ian,

Thanks for identifying the poet! The first translation quoted in Wikipedia is much better than in photo:

Wishing not to have
so much as a speck of shame

toward heaven until the day I die,
I suffered, even when the wind stirred the leaves.

With my heart singing to the stars,
I shall love all things that are dying.

And I must walk the road
that has been given to me.

Tonight, again, the stars are
brushed by the wind.