If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, April 8, 2021

.








Statue of armed man in front of library--Tirana






Photo from a week ago. I have not been able to walk around. My several-mile-a-day regiment proved too much for my thighs, knees and, most critically, lungs, for I ended up with sustained bouts of coughing. The last several days, then, have been spent almost entirely inside, taking it easy.

On March 27th, I expressed relief that I had not infected my landlady, but I may have spoken too soon. I have not seen her for several days, and my last batch of laundry, washed three days ago, has not been returned. Normally, she brings it to me the next day, after having it dried on a balcony.

I feel terrible, of course. The contagion may have happened when she came to my door, when I was still very sick, to have her son tell me, via her phone, that there was a package for me at the post office. Since he said they could pick it up for me, I readily agreed, so I handed my landlady my passport.

When she returned with the package about an hour later, I put my mask on before going to the door. I should have done that the first time, but I could barely think, I was so sick.

Though I've always opposed lockdowns, I never thought Covid was non-existent. It certainly caused huge problems in China, then killed some of the top Iranian leaders. I'm with Ron Unz in believing it's most likely an American bioweapon.

Though Covid is real enough, the response against it in the USA and much of the West has been way over the top, so there's an evil agenda at work here, with Covid as a pretext.

My only wish right now is to see my landlady healthy.

There is universal health care in Albania, so if my landlady is sick, she's getting professional treatment without worries about bills. Hopefully, she will recover quicker than I have. She's older than me, though, maybe 64, 65.


[UPDATE!]


.

5 comments:

craig dudley said...

we can only do what we can and mistakes and short attention spans are part of the voyage so don't put that on yourself as we all qualify for said; 'should have', more frequently than we'd hope for. so it goes. good to hear you're coming back, and i agree about your thoughts about the origin and reason for the covid and many i know do as well.

Swza said...

Hey Linh,
Glad to see you’re slowly recovering.
US has almost 600,000 deaths from covid. What do you mean the reaction has been overblown?

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Zwza,

They're using this to violate all sorts of personal freedoms, and all the lockdowns have already wrecked the economy. Since Covid started, I've been in South Korea, Serbia, North Macedonia, Lebanon, Egypt and Albania, and through these six countries, I only had to go through two weeks of lockdown, in Lebanon, and it was so loosely enforced, it shouldn't even count. During this "lockdown," I had some pizza at a little place. When I needed to use the bathroom, they took to a nearby cafe that looked closed, but inside, there all these people drinking coffee. Lockdowns destroy not just economy, but health and sanity.


Linh

Anonymous said...

Blessings from Sacramento

Anonymous said...

If your landlady is actually sick It seems unfair to blame yourself. It seems what we learned over decades concerning viral transmission has been replaced with mask wearing, social distancing and a prison term i.e. lockdown. Guess that's what happens when the worst of society assumes control. Wish you good health.