If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, January 13, 2022










Chinese owned store MY CHOICE on 1-13-22--Windhoek copy






Chinese owned store, My Choice. I've seen a few scattered around town, and there's even a Chinese shopping center with a Chinese arch.

Right after this photo, a man in his 40's said to me he was looking for a job, though as a clear foreigner with a large camera, I couldn't have looked more like a tourist. He showed me a typed letter in a plastic sleeve.

Yesterday before my haircut and shave, the barber showed me, on his phone, some wooden sculptures and semi precious stones, with one resembling a huge diamond. He was just trying to steer some business towards two buddies, while netting a commission or two.

In downtown Cape Town, I noticed a haircut was about $6.50, so was ready to pay around that yesterday, though this shop was not downtown and, frankly, very shabby looking. Done, the man asked for $4. I left an OK tip.


No comments: