If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, January 22, 2022

I just landed a huge contract to make commercials for Thai Choice Fish Sauce,

so below is the first one. Already playing on Vietnamese television, it's a viral hit:









I'm joking, of couse. It's just a little skit I did yesterday for Vietnamese friends in Vung Tau and Saigon. Introducing myself as the only Vietnamese temporarily living in Namibia, Africa, "because of the abnormal global situation," I say I sometimes sing to myself in Vietnamese, to alleviate my grief. Due to my "advanced age," however, I can no longer remember every line to every song, but it hardly matters. "It's comprehensible enough," I grin. To entertain "my friends today," I will sing a few lines "to cheer up the house, OK?" I then sing a song from 6o years ago, about mortal men leaving their celestial wives, but with "virus," "Covid," "lockdown," "vaccine" and "genocide" substituted into the lyrics.

From Saigon, my friend Giang responded, "I fell off my chair and banged my head on the floor. I laughed so hard you are fucken hilarious..."



No comments: