If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

I've been urging a German friend to get the hell out of there, before they close the borders,

but he's been hesitating. It's understandable, since he has a great job, and leaving one's country is usually not an easy decision. Suggesting he comes down this way, I've been giving him tips about Cape Town and Windhoek. Neither would be a shock since he's visited Kenya. There are even Germans in Windhoek and Cape Town. Just now, he sent me an update:


Here it gets ever crazier. A company had offered me a position as Head of HR. After I signed the contract, the CEO invited me to a restaurant, but I had to tell him: Restaurant? Sorry, that will not work (unvaxxed are banned from entering restaurants in Germany).

He was literally astonished. He had thought that I--like every well-meaning German--had already taken the jab. He advised that I should really consider doing this--which I politely refused. So ended my position as Head of HR before it had even started.... :-) Funny, but also sad in a way, because the rift is now so deep here, between the believers and the un-believers....

 

 

No comments: