If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022










Cafe Dat Vang on 4-13-22--Vung Tau copy






Cafe Đất Vàng [Golden Earth Cafe], near my room. In Namibia, it's so dry, my skin cracked. Here in Vung Tau, the heat is so humid, I sweat as in a sauna while walking around, so Cafe Đất Vàng is a welcomed oasis to drink a lemonade while relaxing on one of its couches. The lady here is bringing me my bowl of rice vermicelli with grilled pork [bún thịt nướng]. Her version is a bit lame, but not nearly as lame as the improvised versions I came up with in Namibia.


2 comments:

Martin said...

Lemonade!

Are you laying off the booze for awhile, going dry for a month or two or three? I used to do that when, after five or six months of hardcore world-wide traveling and abundant drinking, I'd fly back to Alaska to work. I wouldn't touch a drop until the Alaskan work season was over (six or seven months) and I was again outside the state. I remember telling an operator I was working with on a construction site that I didn't drink while in Alaska and he replied, "Yeah, court orders."

Linh Dinh said...

Yo Martin,

Sweating so much, I get so dehydrated here that often all I want is any iced drink. When you order a coffee in Vietnam, you also get a tea for free, so an iced tea with an iced coffee, or a hot tea with a hot coffee. That extra liquid is very welconmed.


Linh