If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, July 11, 2023









Bus station on 7-10-23--Ubon Ratchathani copy




Bus station on 7/10/23. That's my new friend, Mark. A long time reader of my writing, Mark showed up in Ubon on 7/8/23. When he wasn't sure where to go next, I suggested Vientiane, Laos. When my sink collapsed on 7/9/23, I told Mark I'd go with him to Vientiane.

The lady in photo speaks good English. Her job is to help foreigners buy tickets. Mark tried to tip her but she wouldn't take the money.

From Ubon, we took a bus to Khon Kaen, which took just over five hours. Tired, we decided to stay one night then resume our trip the next morning. Khon Kaen turned out so delightful, we've just decided to spend one more night here.


1 comment:

Lyle said...

Maybe "break pattern", and catch the train from Khon Khaen to Nong Khai on the border.
Deep in the heart of Isarn, although possibly longer time-wise journey, more relaxing.
Depending on the type of train, you can walk around plus photo-op views, at every stop
food and drink sellers enter the carriages. You'll have to check schedules first.