If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

.









Man-with-pizza-box--Providence









"Oh, I'm old!"

"How old are you?"

"I'm old!"

"How old?"

"I'm over eighty."

He sleeps in different shelters, sometimes outside. "It's awful outside!" A shelter would let him in at 7PM, kick him out at 7AM. In a shelter, they had a TV showing Japan suffering from earthquake, tsunami and nuclear radiation.

"They're all Buddhists over there," he said. "Japan, China, Korea, they're all Buddhists. They're like brothers."

"Yeah, but they also fight each other."

He didn't know what to say about that. Then, "This country would be so much better if we can get rid of the niggers!"

He told me that he was once kicked and punched, unprovoked, by a gang of black teenagers.

"How long ago was that?"

"Oh, a long time ago... I learned Karate afterwards."

When a white guy, an acquaintance, stopped by, he gave this man a slice of pizza and a cigarette. When a black teen asked for a smoke, he also gave her one without hesitation.

"You gave all your cigarettes away!"

"I've got another pack."

He also offered me a slice of pizza.






.

No comments: