If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

.









PK's--Carbondale-3








At PK's, a personal wooden mug means you get 2 extra ounces of beer per draft. Only a limited number of mugs were sold, however, so this man had to get his used, via Ebay for $30. When I told him I was going to New Harmony to give a talk about Utopias, he said, "Carbondale is Utopia!" In town for 12 years, he loves the music scene there.

He gushed about song writer, singer and jailbird Hugh Deneal, and told me that Joan Baez had scrawled a compliment to Carbondale in PK's women's room, so the owner had put a glass frame over it.


.

1 comment:

Fazsha said...

PK's is a Carbondale institution - it was an old bar when I was in college, and that was 1974.