If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

.









JJ-and-Ray-in-East-Landis-Hotel-n-Motel-Pub--Vineland








On the left is JJ, and on the right, 75-year-old Ray Marquez, owner of the East Landis Hotel (with its $30 a night rooms), the bar pictured here and a Judo dojo, as Ray is an 8th degree black belt, "I was the national heavyweight champ for seven years!" A transplant from South Philly, Ray has been in Vineland for four decades, "The cops here used to think I was a front for the Mafia, but I run three legitimate businesses! I don't even allow cursing in my bar. You see all these "NO PROFANITY" signs? I enforce them." Just talking to Ray, though, I violated his rule about two dozen times, but Ray mercifully didn't kick me out. There was no other bar around. "This town is dying," Ray frankly said, "but I will survice because I cater to losers," he smiled. "Bottom feeders!"



.

No comments: