If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

.









Jazz at Friendly Lounge--Italian Market









Like a good Philadelphian, I had to catch the end of the Villanova vs. North Carolina NCAA Championship game in a public place, among my neighbors, so I went to Friendly Lounge. Plus, I had been at home almost continuously for over three days. (I'm working on an article that begins with Hemingway.) It turned out there was live jazz at the Friendly, a highly unusual occurrence, and I even knew the excellent tenor saxophonist, Victor North. The last time I saw Victor was 18 years ago, when he was working at a bar, Copa Too.



.

No comments: