of it gaining more and more readers, and this was true until 2014 or so.
In 2010, a typical article had less than 1,000 words and was not as sharp as recent ones. Although my writing and photography have improved, my readership has dwindled, unfortunately.
I don't know if my recent focus on individuals instead of places is responsible for this, or perhaps my analyses of race, Israel and false flags are making some readers uncomfortable.
Whatever it is, fewer people are visiting this blog, and the donations have dried up.
Out of curiosity, I went to James Howard Kunstler's Patreon page to find that he has 527 patrons who donate $3,145 a month. By comparison, I got no donation at all in August, not one.
You would not be wrong to conclude that my 13,400 words published in August are worth nothing. It is literally true. I must be dumber than Gimpel, Bashevis Singer's fool.
An Unz commenter brought home this fact:
I read your stuff because it’s hilarious. Shit, I live in Woodstock, NY, where people with your wild paranoid conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen.
They also particularly love one of your favorite pre-occupations… that some drunk in a bar in Newark or drug addict in Philly tells the story of the utter downfall of middle class life in the U.S.
Of course, this kind of conflicts with the reality of my life. Every member of my extended family is well educated and employed in quite a lucrative job or retired and living the Life of Reilly.
You’re broke and aimless and you like to write so much that you’re willing to live in poverty to do that, so that’s the proof that everything is shit.
On the positive side, this blog has survived for seven years thanks to readers' contributions, and a book will result from it. I fully believe that Postcards from the End of America will be my best and most relevant book. I haven't worked out the wording for the dedication, but it will be a thank you to blog readers who have backed this project.
Meanwhile, I will continue to slog along since I don't know no better. If for some perverse reason, you want to support my "hilarious" writing and photography, please use the PayPal button.
If you have a PayPal account, you can send money directly to me by using my email address firstname.lastname@example.org This will save me the fees. If you prefer snail mail, here's my address:
1124 E. Passyunk Ave. #4
Philadelphia, PA 19147
* Thanks for a $25 from a new donor! I just emailed, "I'm going to keep going with the Obscured American series. I need to talk to more women, though, and younger people too. Usually, it takes a while to get people to open up to you, and my neighborhood bar is patronized almost exclusively by crusty old guys. I'll find the ladies and get their stories..."
* Thanks for a $10 contribution from a repeat donor in Seattle!
* Thanks for a $25 donation from Itasca, IL!
* Thanks for a $20 contribution from a repeat donor in Newnan, GA!
* Thanks for a $30 contribution from a repeat donor!
* Thanks for a $50 contribution from a repeat donor in Ann Arbor!
* Thanks for a $100 contribution from repeat donors in Turkey!
* Thanks for a $25AUD contribution from a repeat donor in Australia!
* Thanks for a $30 contribution from a new donor!
* Thanks for a $50 contribution from a repeat donor in Raleigh!
* Thanks for a $50 donation from Olympia, WA!
* Thanks for a $100 donation from Spain!