If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

.









Cheeseburger and fries at A Hoai--Saigon








This week, I got slammed by massive dosages of MSG at two Vietnamese food joints, which made me sluggish and gave me a sore throat, so I returned to A Hoài for some more Western food. For a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke, I paid $4.17.

The cheeseburger was a bit too salty and had bits of gristle in it, the Vietnamese brand ketchup was loaded with too much fillers, the fries were crispy but had no salt, and there were no salt and pepper shakers at the table.

A Hoài's slogan is "Fiver Star Food at Zero Star Prices!"

I'd say it's more like "One and One Half Star Food at One Star Prices!"

In my District 6 neighborhood, there's actually a McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Popeyes, but I'd rather give my money to a mom and pop's like A Hoài.



.

No comments: