If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, November 23, 2018

.









Koreatown bar--Kawasaki









Koreatown bar. I pointed out the American flag on his jacket and asked why it was there. He said he had no idea. This night, more than half of the patrons in this cozy establishment were Okinawans. When I first came in, I asked a patron if I looked Japanese, and he laughed, "No, you look Cambodian!" By the end of the night, however, the same man said, "You look very Japanese now. You belong in this bar!" Though in his 70's, he still worked for the railroad, and was actually going to his shift later. Another man said I must come back and spend more time in Kawasaki.



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okinawans rock!