If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

.

 

 

 

 

 

Owner of Bela Lađa on 8-8-20--Belgrade 

 

 

 

The cafe where Einstein and Mileva Marić hung out is long gone, of course. In its place is Sobe Room Bela Lađa, a restaurant and hostel. Above is its owner. Seeing me and Mileta Postic snooping around, he invited us in and gave us two cans of beer. We talked quite a bit, with Mileta translating. Before we left, he even gave me a bottle of vintage wine.

Growing up, he heard older people talk about Einstein, "He would ride his bike around, and his hair was wild, just like yours!"


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I love this pic. Hopefully one day I will visit his establishment to find out where he gets his singularly unique fashion sense. I think I want to be him. Thanks for this picture Linh. Mazol tov.

Linh Dinh said...

Yes, he's a very jovial guy. His restaurant is closed because of the coronavirus slow down, but the hostel is open. As for his fashion sense, I particularly love the Hawaiian shirt unbuttoned to show his little wooden cross!