If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, January 15, 2021

.








Commuter train on 1-14-21--Damanhour






As a foreigner, you're not supposed to ride 3rd class trains, but between Alexandria and Amanhour, I managed to squeeze onto one, literally. As a mass of meat and bones, we raped that door. It proved unncessary, since there were no seats to be had, and everyone got on. It's likely all who hopped off during the first three stops had ridden for free, for the train was so packed, ticket inspection was impossible. Every square foot was taken by passengers standing or sitting, and on the luggage racks, several people lounged or slept. Despite this density, hawkers selling drinks or snacks still managed to muscle their way through. All doors were open during the ride. Many windows were cracked. No surface had been cleaned for months, if ever, but so what. I was the only non-Egyptian, obviously.

The train above is actually not a 3rd class but a commuter one. Judging by this instance, they're in even worse shape.


.

8 comments:

Swza said...

Your travels during the pandemic amaze me. Do you think you've gotten it and were asymptomatic? Maybe Allah protects you.

Has your mother in law croaked yet? I still occasionally think about your poor little adorable nephew.

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Swza,

I have never had a serious illness in my life. Getting older, it will catch up to me, but until then...

Suki has been in school, so is away from his evil grandma for most of the day. His parents have enrolled him in a pricey preschool with even a swimming pool. I don't think kids so young (he's only three) should be institutionalized, but in Suki's case, it's a better solution than being at home with a witch. On top of that, she's older, weaker and sicker, so the end should come soon.

As soon as any East Asian nation opens, I'll head back that way. I check reopening news daily.


Linh

Swza said...

That's good to hear he gets out of the house every day instead of being a prisoner with her. I agree school is much better in his case. Happy to hear that.

Swza said...

Was she abused herself?
Man hands on misery to man,
It deepens like a coastal shelf,
Get out as early as you can,
and don't have any kids yourself

I'm a proud non procreator and anti natalist. You don't have any kids either, correct?

Linh Dinh said...

No, no kids. As a child, I couldn't wait to grow up to escape my house.

hallucinating hag said...

"I won't have a son,
I won't have a daughter
I won't raise cannon fodder"

and it all worked out just fine

Swza said...

Although breeding is always immoral it is especially so with the coming ecological and economic collapse. Dark times ahead.

xlarry said...

swza, you're a moron. i think i remember you from years ago.
there's no covid, and breeding is anything but immoral.
go off yourself!