If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, January 15, 2021

.








Cafe at Ahmed Oraby on 1-14-21--Damanhour






Seeing me outside their cafe, they waved me in, and it was no hussle. Like everybody else, I was charged 26 cents for a glass of tea, even cheaper than the cheapest places in Cairo. They were just delighted to have such an exotic visitor. Damanhour gets almost none.

Halfway through my second tea, a regularly dressed man of about 50 walked in and asked if he could drink from my glass of water, so I said yes, of course. He drank half of it then walked out. I guess he was just thirsty.


.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your photos, Mr. Dinh. Also your ironic writing. All the best from Hungary.

Linh Dinh said...

Hopefully, I'll see Budapest again. My one visit was too brief. The people were lovely in all senses.

ENG751 said...

Interesting, insightful and entertaining - enjoyed your article. Thanks.