If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

.








With Tony at Jerry's Burger Bar in Observatory on 8-23-21--Cape Town






Henry Trotter introduced me to Tony, who showed me around yesterday. Here, we're taking a refreshment break at Jerry's Bar in Observatory. Sixty-years-old, Tony was a sailor on cargo ships for 40 years. Since much of his sailing career predated the containerization era, Tony spent lots of time at each port. It took about a week to unload and reload the ship, plus extra time if it needed to be repaired.

Trotter's Sugar Girls and Seamen and Cape Town, a Place Between gave me an excellent introduction to this fascinating city, so many thanks, Henry!


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A philosophical pose, Linh! Nice! - McGlinchey Joe