If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, January 22, 2023









Mary Hopkins at Pattaya Beer Garden on 1-22-23--Pattaya copy




From next article in progress:

 

During the last paragraph, Mary Hopkins came on the TVs here to sing “Those Were the Days,” believe it or not. In case you think I’m making this shit up, I have the photo to prove it. I’m too literal and earnest to make anything up. Overlooking my shoulder, God (or gods, if you prefer) had such a good laugh, he said, “Check this out.”

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
Think of all the great things we would do?

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they’d never end
We’d sing and dance forever and a day
We’d live the life we choose
We’d fight and never lose




3 comments:

Michael said...

The old geezers who served in Nam during 1960’s must have felt like they entered a time warp.

Donnie said...

C.G. Jung would have called that synchronicity. Others might say God is just having harmless fun with you.

Rabbit said...

God has a great sense of humor. It's a privilege to share a joke with Him.