If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, January 22, 2023









Chimichanga meal at Sue's Place on 1-21-23--Pattaya copy




This chimichanga plate at Sue's Place cost around $7.50, and was good enough. I'd eat there again.

Another night, I had three lame tacos at another place. There was actually too much meat, and not much else to break that meaty tedium. My refried beans side order was barely thicker than mushy peas and came with a tiny plastic spoon. It was a drippy joke.

Hearing American English at the bar, I went there after my meal, hoping for a conversation, but the 71-year-old guy from Green Bay was too preoccupied with the 27-year-old waitress. Thin and dark, she looked like a teenager, so I was shocked to hear she had a 13-year-old daughter.

When she showed me a photo of this girl on her phone, I said, "That's your sister. Your older sister!"

She didn't find that too amusing. In any case, neither the waitress nor the Wisconsin old fart talked to me much.

To him, she shared that her daughter wanted to have a girlfriend. "I said yes, you can have girlfriend, but no fucking!"

Then, "She is like a tomboy, always a tomboy, but now she think she's a lesbian."

The waitress' English was slightly weird yet rapid, with fuck liberally used, as in "I told him fuck off!"

Drinking martinis, old fart was buying the waitress beer, so she said, "You buy me one more beer?"

When he hesitated, she pulled out some bahts and acted angry, "OK, OK, I buy beer myself!" He relented.

Old fart had been coming to Thailand for 20 years.


No comments: