If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

.









Internet cafe--Istanbul








This wasn't too far from the Taşköprü tram stop. The boy running this internet cafe was about 14. There was no price list, so I showed him my coins. He took two liras, equal to 69 cents.

I had eaten at a joint where the waiter was about 11. Delighted to see a Vietnamese at his eatery, his dad didn't charge me. I had rice with white beans, eggplant with minced lamb and tea, the last bought by kid waiter from a nearby place.

Near this internet cafe, I saw a girl of about seven bring groceries to an old lady. From her third floor window, the old lady lowered a basket, tied to a rope, for the child to put groceries in. Then she dropped a coin. The kid ran away most happily.



.

No comments: