If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Thanh Hoa woman with her great grandson--Da Lat









She's from Thanh Hóa, way up north, and has only been in Da Lat for 5 1/2 months. That's her 14-month old great grandson. His grandparents are only in their early 40's, and his parents are laborers. You almost never see Vietnamese from the south relocating up north, only the other way around. Too poor to afford milk, she's feeding her great grandson rice gruel.

In the back is my 18-month-old nephew. Like me, he just loves new places and meeting new people.



.

2 comments:

Max von Schuler-Kobayashi said...

Your nephew? I can see the facial resemblance!

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Max,

His mom is my wife's sister, so there's actually no shared blood, but yes, everyone thinks we look very much alike, with random strangers saying things like, "He looks just like you!" and one man even blurting out, "You too look like twins."

This kid is more attached to me than anyone, for we both love to wander around whenever we have a chance.


Linh