If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

.









Two Hmong boys watching TV while manning a small store--Gia Khau









These Hmong brothers are 12 and 9-years-old. Many of these mountainous people are smaller, I've noticed. In Phonsavan, Laos, I had beer with Chue Hua (a Hmong) and Xai Thong (a Lao), and Chue Hua just looked tiny. In a firefight, though, it's probably safer to have the Hmong on your side, for they're known to be fearless.

These kids were watching TV while manning their parents' little store, so that's the cash box. When they asked where I was from, I said Vung Tau, but they had never heard of it. They had heard of Saigon.

They had been to Lao Cai (pop. 200,000), but just once, and that was very exciting. It's their one experience of a city.



.

No comments: