If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, September 21, 2020

.









Beautiful old building on 9-19-20--Zemun









"What's so interesting? The building?"

"It's beautiful."

"Yes, it is, and so is this other one," she pointed to one across the street, "but it's not in good shape. There are many beautiful buildings in Zemun."

"Zemun is so much nicer than New Belgrade," I stated the obvious.

"Of course. I lived in New Belgrade, then I moved to Zemun. I'm so much happier."

Later, a gentleman said to me, "Sir, sir, the river is this way!" He thought I was lost. I was just wandering around. "But if you want to go that way, there is an old tower on the hill, and an old cemetery. It is very nice. You should see it."

It's clear the people of Zemun are very proud of their town, and justly so. It is unfortunate that so many old buildings are in such sad shape, but that's true across much of Eastern Europe.



.

No comments: