If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, August 7, 2021

.








KEEPING IT REAL ESTATE ad and homeless man on sidewalk--Cape Town






From my apartment in Gardens, I took a random bus to Sea Point, then walked around until I reached Three Anchor Bay. As usual, I had no access to Google Maps. To get back downtown, I jumped on an informal van. Everyone inside was black. I noticed people paying by passing bills to those in front of them, so I did the same. "It's my first time," I said to the lady next to me. "There's a first time for everything," she cheerfully answered. Black, white, colored, Asian or foreign, everyone I've encountered in Cape Town has been extremely pleasant.


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very interesting. i wonder if you could give us a sense of how real is the UR's commentators' constant pessimism about the state of that country. already it seems like a debunking is in progress