If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, April 21, 2022










Beef chow fun at Van Hy Chinese Restaurant on 4-21-22--Vung Tau copy






A week ago, I grumbled about lousy Chinese food in Vung Tau, but I spoke too soon. Today, I had decent beef chow fun (for $5.55) at Vạn Hỷ, a Chinese restaurant that opened in July 2020, so during Covid. Its menu is very extensive and impressive, with several unusual dishes. This is Cantonese cooking, so on Vạn Hỷ's walls are images of Hong Kong. The cilantro, sesame seeds and pickled cucumber on the side were Vietnamese touches, but otherwise, my chow fun was legit. On the same street, there's also C Tao, another good Chinese restaurant.


No comments: