If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, August 4, 2023









Rice vermicelli with stir fried beef and deep fried pork spring roll for 69,000 kips at Day2Night on 8-4-23--Vientiane copy




At Day2Night, a bowl of rice vermicelli with stir fried beef and deep fried pork spring roll for 69,000 kips [$3.56]. The sugarless lemonade cost 30,000 kips [$1.55]. Food was not ideal for someone in my condition, but I badly needed a Vietnamese dish. Normally, the beef would be stir fried with just lemongrass, but here, curry powder was also added. It's very good.

I had a brief chat with the owner. He's had this restaurant for seven years. His clients are Vietnamese and Laos, with some Thai tourists, but very rarely a Westerner.

From his accent, I could tell he's from the northern part of Central Vietnam. He thought I was a Hanoian.


No comments: