If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, February 24, 2024









Boy clearing a table after being gently urged by his mom at Bitter Coffee on 2-24-24--Vung Tau copy




At Bitter Coffee [Café Đắng], a boy cleared a table after being gently urged by his mom. In Cambodia, I also saw small children given small tasks, which they performed quite cheerfully. This is different, of course, from little kids being forced to wander around to sell lottery tickets or beg.

Here, I talked to his 86-year-old grandma. She pointed out a lottery ticket seller of about 30 who wasn't all there mentally. Knowing this, people would buy from this lady to help her out.


1 comment:

Biff said...

I remember a beachside restaurant in Phuket I used to frequent almost daily that the whole family worked including young children. They seemed to enjoy themselves. This was February 2004; the following December a tsunami wiped that beach out. I always wondered if any of that family survived?