If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

.









Fran--Center-City









Fran told me he owned a hotel, a bar and a sherbet stand. His mission was to help all the homeless of Philadelphia. "I'm a millionaire," he declared. Sunday, he was going to offer a free breakfast, bacon, two eggs and home fries, four bucks a portion it will cost him, to any homeless who showed up at LOVE park at 9AM. "It's a big deal. The press is going to be there. I'll show Nutter [the mayor]." Fran also planned to install a bathroom on each public bus, "and a cage, for the animals." As we were talking, a lady with dirty pants walked up. "She has bowel problems," Fran explained, lowering his voice a bit. "I'll take her to the doctor tomorrow."

This lady asked me to snap her and Fran together. "Is he straight up?" I asked. "Yeah, he's straight up." Her face brightened into a gaptoothed smile.









.

No comments: