If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

.









George-Stanley--Cleveland









George Stanley, of Mansfield, OH, showing me his SS tattoo, half assedly disguised with a star pattern. I pointed to two Chinese characters, "And what does that say?"

"I don't know."

"It says, I am a faggot," I informed him.

"I don't care what you are," he retorted, more from senility than wit.

George had reached a point in life when he wanted to confess everything, and he hardly cared how it came out. He talked about China, Russia, Vietnam and killing his own soldiers for not giving their all. Later, as we walked to the Greyhound station 11 blocks away, he was very nervous about the young black men on the streets, although one helped him up when he fell down. He showed me a pocket knife, "for self defense. I'll take care of us." He staggered and had to sit down a couple of times. "Please don't leave me!" At the station, he was two dollar short on his return ticket, so I covered for him. George introduced me to everyone as "a Vietnamese major."











.

No comments: