If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, August 20, 2010

.









Bill-with-Phanatic--Center-City










Bill, 62, is an actor and comedian. To pay the bills, he has worked a bunch of jobs, including driving a taxi and being a prison guard. He served three years in the Army, spent some time in Okinawa. Diagnosed as bipolar, his disability checks certainly help. The most he has ever made acting, in any single year, was $4,200. He was in 19 episodes of 30 Rock, but only as a non speaking character, flitting in the background.

Bill was born in Mayfair, a mostly Irish neighborhood, one of several in Philly, and perhaps the most livable. The last time I saw Bill, he was renting in Point Breeze, a pretty crappy part of town that has gotten even worse, crime wise. Point Breeze is about 10 minutes, walking, from my front door. Bill has since moved to Center City.

Bill showed me some wrinkles in the crook of his right elbow, "They're new. Even last year, I didn't see them."

"Ah, you're finished, Bill! You're done!"



.

No comments: