If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I will post about 15 more photos,

then this blog will be dormant for a while. My camera is broken. I was in NYC today to photograph the Wall Street protestors when my camera went dead. After getting home many hours later, I discovered that my shutter was all messed up. This should not be a surprise considering the abuse that I put my camera through, rapid, high volume shooting in heat and rain as I knocked about on the streets.

Anyway, I'll fix my camera at some point, though my fundraising at United States Artists is going miserably. I had hoped that they had a pool of supporters that would investigate this blog and see what I was doing, but after ten days, only about five people--yes, five whole individuals!--have come over from their website. With a goal of $5,000, I have $75 worth of pledges so far, and I do thank my three supporters, but it appears that this whole fundraising brouhaha will turn out to be a stupid pipe dream.

Well, what the hell do I expect? I focus on losing and collapse, so I too will unceremoniously collapse. For a while I was trying to sell articles to the Guardian, and though they published two of my pieces, they flat out refused to pay me, so I stopped bugging them. Thanks, Guardian, you liberal bastion, for sucking my blood. Here, have some marrow also! CounterPunch and Common Dreams can't pay contributors, of course, since they don't advertise. In fact, they too have to beg. Such is the state of the alternative media.

AN UPDATE, 9/22/11: Thanks to a supporter from Austin, who has just sent me $150 via PayPal, and thanks also to a second supporter, who promised to send me a check for a "substantial" amount. I have sent my broken camera to the repair shop, and should get it back in two weeks or sooner, hopefully much sooner. Should the Wall Street protest continue for a while, I want to return there to take photos and to talk to the protesters, and there's also a big protest in Washington DC scheduled to begin on October 6th.

Thanks again for the support and love. It is encouraging yet humbling for me to know that what I'm doing is appreciated.


.

No comments: