If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

.









LD-in-San-Antonio-on-3-20-12-at-3-40AM--San-Antonio











Ceiling-fan-in-veranda--San-Antonio









3:40AM on 3/20/12. If I looked like shit, I felt worse. My train got into San Antonio at 10PM, but my bus would not leave for Austin until 1 the next afternoon, so the plan was to walk around all night and all morning to photograph, except there was a huge thunderstorm that lasted for about 3 hours. Under the veranda of a shuttered bar, I was dry, but the temperature dropped quickly. I put on just about all the clothes I had, two pairs of jeans and several shirts, plus a jacket, so I was reasonably warm, except my head, especially my ears, was freezing. That's why this improvised turban made of several undershirts.

The ceiling fan was what I saw as I lay on the ground, waiting for the damn rain to stop. Nearby, a homeless guy walked by wrapped in a trash bag, cursing.

Fifteen hours from these photos, I would be in Austin, talking to a college class.


.

No comments: