If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

.









Neuweiler-Brewery--Allentown








As I was photographing this, two old guys walked by and said, back in the day, Neuweiler Brewery employees were allowed a free mug of beer at lunch. I asked how long one man had been in Allentown, and he said, "All my life!"

"This used to be a Polish neighborhood, right?"

"No, we had everybody! Polish, Irish, Lithuanians. You name it, we had it."

Down the street, the man pointed out Allentown's first stagecoach station, at Front and Liberty. It later became the Mount Airy Hotel, now out of business.

Seeing a large piece of trash, he picked it up to put it into a trash can.




.

No comments: