If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, April 26, 2013

.









Imperio-Liquor-burrito--San-Jose








“Good, huh?”

“Yeah, man.”

“I can show you a better place.”

“No, this is good enough.”

And it was an excellent burrito, and you can get if for only 5 bucks at the Imperio Liquors & Taqueria at 203 S. King Rd. The food operation was literally a hole in the wall, and appeared seperately owned from that of the liquors.

When I lived in Saigon from February 1999 to August of 2001, what I missed most was Mexican food, so when I made my one trip back to the US, to do three poetry readings, I hit a Tex-Mex place in Santa Fe. When I finally returned, I immediately went to a Mexican restaurant in San Jose. In Saigon, there was a joint called Tex Mex, but it wasn't very good. Now, they must have better and more authentic Mexican fares in Vietnam.



.

No comments: