If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

.









Woman-who-had-fallen-face-first--Norristown









She allowed me to take this photo and, in exchange, I helped her out with the train fare.

"Am I going to be on FaceBook?"

"No!"

I told her I had just had to call 911 and quickly duck into a store to escape from three Norristown natives. I knew they were natives because I had spent the entire afternoon talking with them, and one had even taken me to meet his numerous relatives, on the sidewalk and inside a very pleasant home. This seems to be the theme for this week: people I'm assuming to be friendly suddenly turning nasty. Whatever. Norristown is certainly more nasty than it seems, for it doesn't look half bad.

Oh, and this woman hadn't been attacked, but merely fallen face first onto the sidewalk.



.

4 comments:

Uncle Buck said...

Sounds like a pretty rough joint, Lihn. Watch your back, man.

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Uncle Buck,

Yes, I think so too. My wife has been pretty upset since last night, and my joking about it is not cutting it. One of these three guys said he had been in jail for three years, but wouldn't say for what, and another guy said he had shot and killed people, but wouldn't tell me how many, or even how long ago that was. I half suspected the "killer" to be bragging, but maybe he wasn't.


Linh


Cindy Shirar said...

Linh, what happened? O.o

Cindy

Linh Dinh said...

Hi Cindy,

I'll elaborate in a Postcard I'm working on, but the short answer is one of them thought I was a cop, and managed to convince his buddies of this.

Linh