If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

.









Christian and Marian in Hexeukessel--Leipzig








Christian and Marián in Hexenkessel on Tuesday. I had just arrived in Leipzig that day. The objective of the game is to hit the nail with the wrong end of the hammer. I did give it a try.

The music in this cheap, little dive bar is mostly heavy metal and in English. Christian gave me a list of his favorite German bands:

Frei.Wild
Kärbholz
Rammstein
Serum 114

There is one more, but Christian's handwriting is so atrocious, I can't decipher it.

Employed by a construction company, Marián has worked in 15 countries, including Kazakhstan, where he built some palace. Though he spent 7 years in Australia, his English is minimal and actually worse than Christian's. Christian said, "He's angry because my English is better than his."

They were both super friendly and made me feel very welcomed.

I returned two days later at 6PM only to discover Hexeukessel only opens at 8 for "HAPPY HOUR." There is no fixed closing time.



.

No comments: