If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

.









Amanda on 3-11-16--Camden








Fully expecting to see a total wreck, I was surprised to find Amanda looking better and more cheerful than six months ago, when I last saw her. Declaring she's off heroin, Amanda showed me her arms.

She's bought these mean-assed work boots. "You can kick people in the balls with those!" I said in admiration.

"Yes, I will!"

Last month, Amanda spent two weeks with her aunt in Toms River, so that helped.

Here, she's showing me one of the abandoned houses where she sleeps, but they have boarded it up. Often, she sleeps outside the bus station. At least it has gotten warmer.

The first time I photographed Amanda was on May 18th, 2015.



.

No comments: