If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Friday, March 10, 2017

.



Thanks for a $12 contribution from a repeat donor in Ireland, accompanied by this kind note, "Hi Linh, I'm pleased to see that you're observing and reporting as well as ever!"




Your donations enable me to do what I do, and my costs sometimes include money given to my subjects, for many of them are quite desperate, and it's not unreasonable to give people money for their time and stories.

Although not always named or credited, one woman has been an invaluable source of stories and insights into the state of America's most destitute, and I've been feeding her and given her money, so do help me out here, if you're able. We're her life support.

Her last job was cleaning a gluten-free bakery, but business was so slow, everybody got fired except one employee.

In the Dexter piece, she is quoted as saying, “I want to shoot myself in the face, but have enough consciousness left to arrange my teeth and chunks of my flesh,” and the video of dying Jason, her ex boyfriend, was sent to me by her.






.................................................................

* Thanks for a $25 donation from Morro Bay, CA, along with this encouraging note, "Great blog--thanks for all you do. I am reading your latest book right now and can't put it down. You need to be a very good listener to learn so much about the people you meet. I don't know how you can reproduce all that you hear in such detail!"
* Thanks for a $50 donation from Oslo, Norway!
* Thanks for a $20 donation from Nelspruit, South Africa!
* Thanks for a $20 contribution from a repeat donor in Lumberton, NJ!
* Thanks for a $25 donation from Albuquerque!


No comments: